The www.bridsonkneale.com website (the “website”) is published by Bridson Kneale Associates Ltd (“BKA” or “we” or “us”). BKA is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors. This policy sets out how we treat your personal information.
While you are using this website, we may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views)
- Information relating to any materials that you download from this website
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of communication with BKA or the website’s third-party contributors
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of advertising services and/or goods for sale and/or situations vacant, and/or for the promotion of events on the website
- Any other information that you choose to send to us
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. We use the session cookies to keep track of you while you navigate the website. We may use the persistent cookies to enable our website to recognise you when you visit.
Session cookies are deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking Tools | Internet Options | Privacy, then selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. However, be aware that blocking all cookies has a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
- Administer the website
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website
- Enable your use of the services available on the website
- Send you general communications such as newsletters to which you have subscribed
- Send you email notifications that you have specifically requested
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licence you grant to us. We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
BKA takes reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We store all the personal information you provide to us on our web host’s secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers. However, be aware that data transmission over the Internet is inherently insecure and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet. If you are one of the website’s third-party contributors, you are responsible for keeping your password and log-in details confidential.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00).
This website contains links to other websites. BKA is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.