Client Services – Press and Public Relations
- To build direct relationships with key journalists and ensure they properly understand your organisation’s issues in general, and your market offerings in particular
- To educate your organisation’s target audiences onindustry issues in general, and your market offerings in particular.
- To gain maximum visibility for your organisation and its products or services in the appropriate media, seeking to ensure target audiences understand your strategy and focus.
- To maintain regular direct contact with your clients and prospects.
- To communicate your organisation’s key messages to internal staff.
- To support other elements of the marketing mix: providing material for your corporate website and supporting events, for example.
- To actively promote your organisation as an industry partner for other organisations as appropriate.
- To generate leads for the organisation’s sales team, and to help build its marketing database.
- Deliver a constant drip feed of positive news concerning the organisation, its personnel, and its services or products: an average of one or two press releases per month.
- Develop key personnel as industry spokespeople on industry issues in the media. Your spokespeople could be “sold in” via relationship building exercises such as press visits, lunch meetings, and so on.
- Generate “generic” and organisation-specific articles that can be placed in magazine features.
- Generate and distribute via email a regular bulletin to clients and prospects with the aim of generating new business and providing valuable feedback.